[AK-MI] Invitation to MIE2009, Sarajevo

Elske Ammenwerth Elske.Ammenwerth at umit.at
Mi Jul 29 11:04:53 CEST 2009

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

ich darf Ihnen hiermit die Einladung des EFIM Präsidenten
zur MIE2009 in Sarajevo weiterleiten, vom 30.8. - 2.9.09.

Es erwartet Sie dort ein interessantes Programm.

Mehr Informationen finden Sie unter http://www.mie2009.org/.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Elske Ammenwerth

=======================================
Dear  colleague, dear friend,

Some years ago we decided to have the MIE2009 in Sarajevo, now we are
getting close to the opening of the conference. Based on the over 300
submissions the Scientific Program Committee has selected a peer
reviewed program of high quality which will present the state of the
art
of Medical and Health informatics in Europe. The Sarajevo MIE2009 will

be a landmark in the proliferation of medical informatics in this very

special region of Europe. We as a EFMI Family have our annual
conference
this year from August 30th until September 2th in Sarajevo.

The bridge over the Miljacka River is the symbol of this conference, a

bridge over troubled water. These days the  global financial crisis has

also consequences  for Bosnia & Herzegovina. We can assist the region
ovecome problems by showing our personal engagement.

MIE2009 will be the leading conference
with 40 parallel scientific sessions with 171 oral presentations, 16
workshops, 21 posters and 5 tutorials.
Last but not least 9 plenary key notes sharing major developments from
the EU and the US are a good reason to
participate.

The conference also welcomes the annual EuroRec Conference, and the
annual meeting of the ISfTeH and a satellite conference for the
South-East-European Region funded by the EU.

You have to be in Sarajevo, the place for MIE2009, especially this year

to show our commitment for the Society for Medical Informatics of
Bosnia
and Herzegovina. BOOK NOW and take at least one young scientist with
you
to be able to tell your grandchildern that you were in Sarajevo at the
MIE2009, the best ever !
*yes you will do it , Register NOW. *
*

*Jacob Hofdijk*